Mark has been advising family businesses for more than 15 years. His clients represent diverse industries and all stages of development, from start-ups to multi-generational corporations of all shapes, sizes and generations.
Mark specializes in helping companies navigate challenges that are often unique to family business. He encourages businesses to measure success not only in terms of their return on investment, but also in terms of their return on family—the impact that their decisions have on the quality of family relationships now and in the future.
Areas of Expertise
- Family council and systems of governance
- Policy development with regard to ownership, management and compensation
- Strategic planning, assessment, recommendations and procedural change for boards of directors and shareholders
- Collaboration with attorneys, CPAs, financial planners and other professionals to support family business owners and families
- Negotiations involving multi-generational disputes
Read about Mark’s recent consulting projects.
Family Business Industries Served
Retail: Hardware, gifts, books, appliances, grocery, convenience stores, and specialty items
Hospitality: Restaurants, hotels, tours, casinos, and bed & breakfasts
Media: Outdoor advertising, print, newspapers, intellectual property, publishing, radio & television
Real Estate: Residential & commercial developers, property management, retirement housing, timber and farm land
Professional: Banks, dental, legal, medical, and financial services
Technology: Software, hardware, and consulting
Agriculture: Nursery, tree farms, cattle and sheep ranches, poultry, brewing, wine, fishing, dairy, feed, food products, and other farming
Construction: Trades, commercial, construction equipment, construction supplies, and landscape
Other industries: Chemical production, manufacturing, industrial product distribution, medical products, oil, gas, mining, utilities and many more.